Stitch Diaries: Season Five // slip of a stitch
Sometimes, it's just a little shift we can make to open a whole new world of play and growth. Or, in this case, we just need a little slip of a stitch.
Inside the Stitch Diaries: Season Five booklet, you'll find five slipped stitch patterns (all written and charted, both flat and circular) you can experiment with, along with advice and tips from Tabetha on the effects slipped stitches have on your knitting or colour use.
Then, choose your favourite stitch and plug it into the cowl pattern recipe at the end of the booklet. Better yet, try some modifications listed in the recipe, such as working colour blocks instead of alternating colours every two rows.
Stitch Diaries: Season Five Set Includes:
- One custom Party of Five colourway imagined and designed by a SweetGeorgia team member: Cabin Cove on Tough Love Sock.
- A 14-page booklet that is half stitch dictionary and half pattern recipe. You can take any of the five slipped stitch patterns and place them inside the included Autumn Oaks knitted cowl pattern for a beautiful fall layering piece.
- A Eco Wash Bag SoakBox Slim (assorted scent)
A little slip or a little colour can make all the difference. We hope you enjoy Stitch Diaries: Season Five as much as we do.
Pattern Details for the Autumn Oaks Cowl Recipe
- Yarn: 1 SweetGeorgia Yarns Party of Five set in Cabin Cove (105 yd / 96 m per 1 oz / 28 g mini skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon).
Needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needles, 24" / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to get the correct gauge.
- Notions: 1 stitch marker, tapestry needle
Gauge: 25 sts and 44 rows = 4" / 10 cm in desired Stitch Patt (select one from Stitch Diaries), after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will also change yardage used and final measurements.
- Finished Measurements: 24" / 60 cm circumference, 16" / 40 cm tall
Learn and improve your slipped stitch and knitting skills at the School of SweetGeorgia.