Triple Check // a handwoven houndstooth scarf
Weaving up a combination of high-contrast cool blues using a simple colour-and-weave technique produces a cozy but elegant scarf that goes from cabin to café. Using an easy 2/2 twill, Triple Check is quick to weave on a 4-shaft loom.
- warp & weft: 3 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns Mohair Silk Sock, 1 each in Velvet Elvis (A), Watershed (B), and Silver (C) (437 yd / 400 m per 3.5 oz / 100 g skein; 50% Superwash Merino, 15% Silk, 15% Mohair, 20% Nylon)
- equipment: 4-shaft loom with a minimum 13" / 38 cm weaving width, 12-dent reed
- Weave Structure - 2/2 twill
- Warp Length - 2 yd / 228 cm, includes 7" / 18 cm take-up and 15" / 38 cm of loom waste
- Warp Ends - 150
- Ends Per Inch (EPI): 12
- Picks Per Inch (PPI): 12
- Width in Reed: 12" / 31.75 cm
- finished measurements: 11" / 28 cm wide 60" / 152.4 cm long, not including fringe (approximately 3" / 7.5 cm of fringe at each end)
Pattern includes a 4-page PDF (both written and charted)
SweetGeorgia Yarns wants to ensure you have everything you need for weaving success, so be sure to check out our growing library of tutorials and workshops at School of SweetGeorgia.