Stitch Diaries: Season Six // Diamond Lace
What's so special about diamond lace is how, in keeping the foundation the same, you can achieve dramatically unique results by making tiny changes. Whether a few additional eyelets or changing decrease directions, the smallest tweak makes something old brand new again.
Inside the Stitch Diaries: Season Six booklet, you'll find five diamond lace patterns (all written and charted, both flat and circular) to experiment with, along with suggestions about how to use them.
Then, choose your favourite stitch (or two) and plug it into the bias-knit scarf pattern recipe at the end of the booklet. With two size options and five stitches to try, you'll have a plethora of diamond play.
Stitch Diaries: Season Six Set Includes:
- Two skeins of CashLuxe Fine in a custom colourway imagined and designed by Tabetha, called Dark Rose.
- A 14-page booklet that is half stitch dictionary and half pattern recipe. You can take any of the five slipped stitch patterns and place them inside the included Twilight Rose knitted scarf pattern for a beautiful layering piece.
- A 3 oz soy & coconut wax blend candle with a wooden wick, handmade by Camp Candle Co.
We hope the lush tones of this beautiful yarn, paired with decadent diamond lace, bring you as much delight as it does us.
Pattern Details for the Twilight Rose Scarf Recipe
- Yarn: 1 (2) skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns CashLuxe Fine in Dark Rose (400 yd / 365 m per 4 oz / 115 g mini skein; 70% Superwash Merino, 20% Cashmere, 10% Nylon)
Needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needles, 24″ / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to get the correct gauge.
- Notions: Tapestry needle
Gauge: 25 sts and 27 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in desired Stitch Patt (select one from Stitch Diaries), after blocking and measured along the straight increase edge
Please note that changes in gauge will also change yardage used and final measurements.
- Finished Measurements:6 (18 ¾)" / 15.5 (47.5) cm wide; Length as desired
Learn and improve your lace and knitting skills at the School of SweetGeorgia.
Beautiful color and soft to the touch. Love it.
I was extremely disappointed with the actual colour in this kit, and yes, I do realize colours show up differently on each device. I had seen photos in emails, on the website and on the vlog, and was definitely expecting a pinkish/dusty rose colour. My yarn is VERY red/brownish in hue and I feel I made a very expensive mistake purchasing this kit.
The yarn feels lovely.
I like that the pattern is a recipe with many ideas of how to knit the shawl. I also like it encourages the knitter to add their own ideas.
The color in this Stitch Diary is fabulous in all ways! I love it as well as the fabulous stitch diary!
Stitch Diaries: Season Six